Become part of Lundbeck's professional network to stay up-to-date with our worldwide career opportunities.Go to LinkedIn
New South Wales
02 July 2019
Lundbeck Australia is looking for an experienced and dynamic Accountant to support the Finance and Operations functions. As the accounts payable/financial accounting expert, you will be exposed to the broader business and offered the opportunity to grow and develop in line with your career objectives. You will be an ambitious finance professional with excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude, who thrives in an environment which demands your problem-solving skills. Critical to your long-term success will be your communication and relationship building skills.
To act as a fully independent Accountant for Lundbeck AUS/NZ providing high quality accounts payable processing, reporting and compliance for the Statutory & Group Accounts. Further assist to provide proactive & high-quality business and decision support. Assist and support the Senior Financial Accountant in managing financial reporting, planning/forecasting, together with backing up Supply related tasks.
Dimension of the role
The role is broad with reporting and communication required at all levels right up to the Managing Director. The financial tasks that this candidate will be completing should be considered as “end-to-end” with a wide range of financial tasks being completed from accounts payable tasks through to preparing of General Ledger reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of the Forecast/Budget packs and being back up for the whole supply chain.
In addition to month end responsibilities, quarterly forecasts and the annual plan, there will be ad hoc requests from Management for business analytics information.
Your job and key responsibilities:
- Process, supplier invoices and employee expense claims accurately and on time (SAP + Concur experience highly desirable).
- Resolve all supplier/employee enquires regarding payables.
- Process and record approved purchase orders for all departments.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register (acquisition/depreciation/disposal)
- Administration of Company Cars
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Accruals/Prepaid Expense calculation/journal entries
- IC reconciliations (invoicing/cash transfers)
- Reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with monthly Business Activity Statements (GST), Payroll Tax and FBT.
- Arrange cheque and EFT payments.
- Prepare and process end of month journals.
- Database maintenance within SAP (GL accounts, cost centers, vendor accounts, etc.).
- Maintain finance archives.
- Provide backup support to the Supply Co-Ordinator and Senior Financial Accountant.
- Secure compliance in line with internal procedures and legislation
- Take coordinating/leading roles in projects/improvement initiatives etc
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation achieve its objectives
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward
- Instils Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust if others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
A unique opportunity to be part of a Finance and Operations team delivering ongoing operations and work cross functionally in Lundbeck Australia as well with our HQ finance functions in Denmark.
A competitive remuneration package and good benefits such as Health care insurance, bonus incentives, 5 days in lieu during Christmas break and free parking on site.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
- Chartered Accountant or CPA (studies in progress)
- Strong attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills
- Mature attitude towards challenges and problem solving
- Able to work with tight deadlines and with switching priorities
- Proactive and creative in terms of improving processes
- Team player
- Supply Chain Experience is desirable
The role is based in Lundbeck’s Macquarie Park office.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company highly committed to improving the quality of life of people living with brain diseases. For this purpose, Lundbeck is engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales of pharmaceuticals across the world. The company’s products are targeted at disorders such as depression and anxiety, psychotic disorders, epilepsy, Huntington’s, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. Lundbeck’s pipeline consists of several mid- to late- stage development programmes. Lundbeck employs more than 5800 people worldwide, 2,000 of whom are based in Denmark. We have employees in 57 countries, and our products are registered in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in Denmark, China and the United States and production facilities in Italy, France, Mexico, China and Denmark. Lundbeck generated revenue of approximately DKK 15 billion in 2012.
Lundbeck Australia is a progressive, international, research based pharmaceutical company with the following objective: To improve the quality of life of people suffering from psychiatric and neurological illnesses.
For additional information we encourage you to visit our local site www.lundbeck.com/au or our corporate site www.lundbeck.com
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Stay updated with the latest news and conversations around Lundbeck and our business.Go to Twitter