© Copyright 2020 Lundbeck. All rights reserved. UBR-C-100133v6 (D) and UBR-C-100134v6 (M)
1. PURPOSE AND INTENT
Lundbeck LLC (and its US-affiliated companies, are collectively referred to in this Policy as “Lundbeck” or "we") is committed to complying with all data privacy laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees including, without limitation, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA”) that became effective January 1, 2020.Lundbeck will process your personal data according to applicable local, state and federal legislation.Applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting USTA@Lundbeck.com or 833-337-6990.
Except as specifically described below and for the purpose of performing business functions, Lundbeck does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose.Please note that your personal data will be visible to all authorized Lundbeck recruiters (whether internal or external) and HR personnel, such as Hiring Managers, interviewers, and or third-parties engaged by Lundbeck to assist in certain phases of the hiring process.Any such third parties have agreed, by written contract, to comply with applicable data privacy laws and to protect the confidentiality of your information.
2. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with applicable data protection law (including, without limitation, the CCPA). This says that the personal information we hold about you must be: (i) used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way; (ii) collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes; (iii) relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes; (iv) accurate and kept up to date; (v) kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and (vi) kept securely.
3. PRIVACY NOTIFICATION FOR LUNDBECK JOB APPLICANTS
If you choose to create a job profile and/or apply for a specific position within Lundbeck via our job application website(s), your personal data will be stored in our applicant tracking system (or the system of the Lundbeck affiliate relevant to your job profile and/or application).Lundbeck will, as the data controller, receive, process, use and disclose personal data about you as described in more detail in this Privacy Notification.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
a. What is “personal data,” what categories of personal data do we process, and for what purposes?
For purposes of this Privacy Notification, “personal data” means information that we obtain from you in connection with your potential employment with us that can identify you. We collect and process the personal data you voluntarily provide, including:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, licensing credentials, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or during the application and recruitment process;
- information from interviews and phone screenings you may have, if any;
- details concerning the type of employment you are or may be looking for, your work availability, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences
- information about how you learned about the position for which you are applying;
- details regarding your legal authorization to work in a particular jurisdiction
- voluntary self-disclosure information regarding gender, race, veteran, and disability status;
- background check information obtained by a third-party vendor responsible for conducting post-offer, pre-employment background checks;
- results of pre-employment assessments and/or tests that you may take in connection with the interview screening process (including, without limitation, pre-employment, post-offer drug test results);
- information you provide during the application process provided in your cover letter and motivations for wanting to work in Lundbeck; and
- other information you choose to include in your job application or otherwise share with us, even if we have not requested such information.
Please refrain from providing us with information thatis not relevant to the job for which you are interested or applying. For example, unless required by local legislation, please do not provide us with sensitive information or national identification numbers in your application documents.
When the personal data is not collected directly from you, we may collect the below categories of personal data from the following sources:
- references from others, e.g. your previous employers;
- background checks performed by third-party vendors pursuant to your written consent; and
- test results and information obtained as a result of any assessment(s) you may take in connection with our pre-offer screening process.
We process your personal data in connection with our recruitment, retention and placement activities so that we may consider your application for employment and comply with applicable local, state, and federal laws. In addition, we use your personal data to create and/or submit reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable; to respond to any of your requests; to assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required; to provide you with relocation assistance; to conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills; and to contact you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
b. Will we share your personal data?
Lundbeck uses IT systems and service providers who will have access to your personal data. Your personal data will also be disclosed and shared with our test providers (such as our vendor responsible for conducting pre-employment drug testing) and any third-party responsible for conducting post-offer, pre-employment background checks. We contractually obligate all such vendors and data processors to process your personal data on our behalf and solely in accordance with our instructions.
c. Will we share your personal data with third parties?
Lundbeck non-US affiliates may have access to the personal data for an application for a Lundbeck US position because the personal data will be contained in a Lundbeck global system, and the Danish parent company is the host of the system containing the personal data.
For applications for positions in one of Lundbeck’s US affiliates, we will share your personal data with the given US affiliate, our background check providers, recruitment outsourcing partner(s), relocation vendor, legal counsel (whether internal or external), and additional third-party vendors associated with the employee onboarding process.
5. FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you fail to provide certain applicant information when requested, we may not be able to consider your application or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as legally required company certification requirements in hiring decisions).
6. CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal information for the purposes we have disclosed in our notice(s).If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. DATA SECURITY
While no data security system can fully protect personal information from unauthorized data breaches, Lundbeck has implemented reasonable safeguards and controls, consistent with its legal obligations under California and other local, state and federal laws.Lundbeck is committed to: (i) seeking to safeguard all personal information that you provide to us; (ii) seeking to ensure that it remains confidential and secure; and (iii) taking all reasonable steps to ensure that personal privacy is respected. All our data is stored in written or electronic form on our servers and computers and in various physical locations. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure and loss or corruption by computer viruses and other sources of harm. We restrict access to personal information to Lundbeck staff members and third parties who need to know that information for the purposes identified in our notice(s).
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it , including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
If we do not hire you or we hire you and your employment with us terminates and you cease to be an employee or contractor of Lundbeck, we will treat your records in accordance with Lundbeck’s record-retention policies.