As a leader in brain health, Lundbeck is proud to partner once again with the World Federation for Mental Health to support World Mental Health Day (WMHD)!
With one person dying by suicide every 40 seconds (more than by war and homicides), and in support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, World Mental Health Day will be focusing on mental health promotion and suicide prevention.
On 10 October, Lundbeck employees are marking this day throughout our offices in all the corners of the world. From the global green ribbon campaign, to grassroot activities, we are engaging in meaningful discussions and partnerships with the healthcare and patient communities, with policy-makers and with the media – so that, together, we can make a difference and break the cycle of stigma on mental illness and help curb suicide rates.
Find out more about Lundbeck’s position and commitments here.
If you are passionate about making a difference for better mental health worldwide, here are 5 things you can do to support World Mental Health Day:
1. Download World Mental Health Day’s campaign materials on wfmh.global
2. Wear your green ribbon
3. Update your Facebook profile picture with the official World Mental Health Day logo
4. Follow World Mental Health Day campaign on Facebook @WMHDay1 and on Twitter @WMHDay to share their content
5. Host a “fun”draising event to support your local mental health support groups (e.g. run, bake sale, etc), brand them with the World Mental Health Day logo, and share your pictures on social media outlets with #WorldMentalHealthDay
For more information about World Mental Health Day, visit https://wfmh.global/world-mental-health-day-2019/
If you are thinking about suicide or are in immediate danger, please contact your doctor and/or nearest mental health crisis center http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/
Important note: Journalists reporting on this event are advised to include information on relevant help lines and websites.
Please add the correct details for your area, for example:
- Samaritans: 116 123 (UK and Ireland)
- Lifeline 13 11 14 (Australia)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (USA)
- Lifeline Shanghai 021-6279-8990 (China)